July 22, 2013

My July in Photos Continued

So the other day I told you a little about how summer has been treating me, and the post got so long and filled with tonnes of photos, I decided to break it up into two parts. The first section was more about special events this month has brought. Today is more of lifestyle oriented. Summer always brings changes.
Summer always makes me want to go thrifting. As soon as warm weather hits, Garage Sales are open for business every weekend. I don't get out as often as I'd like to, but the finds I've come across these past few times were so lovely it more than makes up for my poor attendance lately. But you know what? Things are about to change, and my retro bargain hunting is in for quite the shift. I have special shop plans in the works. A vintage addition to CharmingShop?! Yes, please!
Taking it easy has been so important to me. Yes, I'm rushing around trying to make my Shop just perfect for it's Farmers Market debut this weekend, but I still take time to breathe and get outside. Winnipeg summers don't stick around for very long. You can blink and BAM, it's Fall again. I like to be outside when the sun is setting. My mom and I put these lights up at her house this year, and sitting underneath them just before dark is such a treat. I hope you're all relaxing too.
I told myself I would wear dresses this summer, and I definitely have been. I bought a few in the spring that I knew would carry me through a few seasons, and I just adore how easy they are to wear. Sometimes when you're working from home it's hard to pull yourself together. It's easy to spend the whole day in pjs or just not put your makeup on one day (or maybe a whole week.) I've been trying so hard to really discover my style this summer. I don't want to feel like I wasted my warm weather clothing, and be disappointed when Fall and Winter roll around and I have to break out the parka. 
I've been eating a lot of salads this summer, and I'm totally okay with that! Heat can make you sluggish, but I find a good variety of vegetables in your meals gives you an awesome energy boost. I need it to stay awake and active, because my days are long and filled with a million things to do. Have you been eating any yummy dishes?


Thanks for reading, and I hope you've had a good start to the week!

Marissa
CharmingShop

No comments:

Post a Comment