April 27, 2013

Miso Soup Recipe

Hello! I decided to try my hand at making some Miso Soup. Now let me just say it's not your traditional miso soup; it's a twist. I just needed something simple and easy to make with just a few key ingredients. And truth be told, it's pretty tasty, so I hope you give it a try!
 Ingredients:

*4 cups water
*3 tbs miso bean paste
*1 cup diced tofu
*2 chopped green onions
*1/2 cup cut seaweed

Note: I buy sushi roll sheets of seaweed and cut them into small pieces with kitchen scissors.
I think I used about 3/4 of a sheet for this recipe.
also
Prep beforehand. Chop up all your ingredients before you start cooking to make it easier.

What To Do:
Bring your water to a boil in a pot on the stove. Then reduce your heat to medium and add in the miso bean paste. Stir it into the water to mix well. Now add in your tofu and green onion. Let that cook for about five minutes, and then add in your seaweed. Next let your soup cook for 10 to 15 minutes. 
 This recipe is so easy and fast! You could be having homemade soup in about half an hour - prep and cooking time included. That's pretty awesome if you ask me! It's so great for a nice warm lunch or even as part of your dinner. First course anyone?
I hope this inspires you to try some new soup making techniques! I'm all for chunky vegetable soups but it takes forever to cut all your different ingredients. This was too easy.
 I think my miso soup will be a regular meal in our house from now own. 

Thanks for reading!


Marissa xo
CharmingShop


No comments:

Post a Comment