March 30, 2013

Easter

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous Spring Break. I've been spending mine mostly in the kitchen. I think I've caught the Spring Cleaning bug, because all I want to do is cook and organize and think about home renovations! It's crazy to think in a couple months we will have had our house for a year! There's still so much to do. Tonight is our family Easter dinner. I made these cupcakes for dessert!


I made 21 cupcakes. The others are in a huge Tupperware container, so I thought these guys would be easier to photograph. I love making things from scratch, because then you know exactly what's going into them. Sometimes though, there isn't enough time in the day! You know what I mean. So this cupcake batter is a rainbow bit cupcake mix from Betty Crocker. The icing is from scratch though!

Cupcake Icing:

1 cup butter (soft)
3 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

First mix the butter, icing sugar and salt in a bowl. Then add in the wet ingredients - milk and vanilla. 
You do need to work at it for a while until the mixture becomes creamy. It takes a little time.
Add in the food colouring of your choice! 


It makes a lot of icing. I was able to ice all my cupcakes without making a second batch. I just split my mixture into two bowls, so I could make both green and lilac icing! This recipe is quite sweet too, just a warning!


I covered everything with sprinkles. I just wanted my cupcakes to be super sweet and colourful.
I think my family will love them!

Have a great day you guys!

Marissa xo
CharmingShop





No comments:

Post a Comment