March 28, 2013

About My Jewellery

I started making fashion jewellery as a side hobby. I didn't really mean for it to turn into anything, but after making a few things I started to notice that I really enjoyed the work. I was kind of addicted to the thrill of putting beads together and coming up with interesting formations. After that I spent almost every night making necklaces.


I knew at once I wanted to work in silver tones. It was an obvious choice for me. I love the sparkling clean look and how silver catches the light differently. In my daily life I generally always wear silver, so I thought I would spread the word!


After a while when I got more serious about creating, I noticed a definite style forming. It was feminine - vintage inspired but still modern. All my patterns were precise and repeating. And I realized I was using the same format I use for my art, in my jewellery. 

It was never on purpose. It just happened. I realized that's just me, and that's the way I conduct my creations. So now that I know what I'm aiming for and what my bar of creation is that I have to reach, I look at my standard, and make everything around that. I use my style to my advantage, because I enjoy girly, pretty things! 


Now that I'm aware of my style I try to keep my pieces in the same family and flowing together.

I really hope you enjoy my pieces. At the end of the day, they're all meant for you to enjoy and wear.
Whether your wearing it to a summer garden party or to work on a Monday, I hope my jewellery takes you everywhere.

Marissa xo
CharmingShop

No comments:

Post a Comment