September 03, 2014

September.

Oh hey there. It's the first Wednesday in September! Yeah, when did that happen? I was pretty sure I still had time to get to the beach this year, but I think my time is nearly up! We're already getting into Fall mode and I'm working too much now to get away. I mean I'll get out there eventually, but it may be to just sit inside the cabin, curled up with a good book in front of the fire. 
Today is a good day. It's my Dad's Birthday and we'll be going out to celebrate tonight. He's honestly the best dad a girl could ask for. He's always there to help us no matter what. I can't even tell you how many times he's rescued my sister and I out of our binds. But I suppose that's what dads do! 

My dad took this picture of us sleeping outside at his house last week, so I guess the answer is I owe him a great birthday at least for being a poor guest! 
As I have mentioned before, I have really taken my thrifting mode to the next level this summer. I have begun collecting more wisely, now knowing what I need and what my shop message is. It's been nearly a year with my vintage shop now and I'm feeling more comfortable with my decisions as an online shop owner. I think my customers have really done that for me with their very generous and positive comments. 

(If you're reading this and you've purchased something from CharmingShopVintage and/or have written a comment, I thank you. You choose what shops you deal with, and you decided whether or not to take time out of your day to write a comment or review. You don't know how often you make my day and make me feel like I'm on the right track. I'm inspired by you to keep on going!) 

In the end all I really wanted to say is I'm fully stocked for the winter seasons ahead. I can't wait to start listing everything I have. In fact, these are some of the items that will be listed very soon!
Status update on my basement? The carpet goes in Friday. I'm sad that we'll be covering up the original flooring, but in the end it was too damaged to salvage. Sometimes that's just the way. I know you're probably sooo bored about hearing about this already. So I'm sorry! I'm just way too excited to get some space back. Living amongst boxes is making me loopy.

I wish I had more to share right now. Things have been slow and not terribly exciting. 
I'm really looking forward to making the Fall season count, because Summer certainly got away from me this year. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!


Marissa xo






No comments:

Post a Comment