June 11, 2013

Delightful Dresses

Browsing Etsy for one of a kind items is one of my favourite things to do when I'm not busy working on my own Etsy shop. Lately I've been scouring the vintage clothing shops on the hunt for some really unique retro mod pieces that speak to me on all my favourite vintage levels. I really can't get enough of the colours and patterns and the amazing silhouettes in mid century dresses. Whether it's an elegant 50s party gown or a bright and psychedelic shift dress from the 60s. These dresses are always so feminine and lovely. They really don't make them like that anymore. Dresses these days don't have the same quality, detail or the cut. They try, but can never duplicate the magic that is a vintage dress. Check out these beauties that are for sale on Etsy right now.
I'm so in love with this dress. The floral pattern is out of this world. 
Fantastic colour and fantastic collar!
WOW! Found here.
Now this is the prettiest shift dress I've ever seen. The simple, delicate pattern is paired with the most gorgeous shades of aqua, marigold and periwinkle. The wrap collar is just darling too! I wish I had this in my closet! Found here.
What an adorable pale blue dress with nautical influences! 
So sweet! This dress would pair nicely with some red lipstick and some t-strap heels.
 Found here.
This dress is wild and crazy and I love it! The funky colours and florals mixed with stripes really make this piece a show-stopper. Just look at that collar and belt! Such a strong piece. 
Found here.
When I think of mod 60s shift dresses, this is exactly what I dream up in my head! 
I love the swirly, funky design mixed with  the bright and slightly fluorescent colour palette. 
Just fab. I'd like to wear this gorgeous number. 
Found here.
I love this dress. It's high collar and 60s, 70s colours remind me of a tiny handmade vintage dress my Barbies used to have! Yeah, that's right. I used to clothe my Barbies in mini vintage dresses! Even as a girl I was obsessed. Now I like the real deal. I would love to wear this dress out on the town with a nice pair of heels and and some pearl earrings!
Found here.

Are you loving these gorgeous dresses as much as I am?! Go to Etsy to find more amazing dresses. For dresses like these, I like to search under "retro mod dresses" or "vintage collar dresses." I always find some great pieces and I know you will too! And since you're in the neighbourhood, go check out my shop, www.etsy.com/shop/CharmingShopLove. You can wear a vintage dress, wear some vintage-inspired jewellery from CharmingShop and hang a piece of my retro-style artwork on your wall! See how much closer you are to living a vintage life in present time 2013? You're on your way to being a retro bombshell. Every girl's fantasy!

Have a great day everyone!


Marissa xo
CharmingShop 

No comments:

Post a Comment