April 16, 2013

Carrot Cake Recipe

Hello everybody! Today I want to share a recipe with you. This is a carrot cake recipe I made on Sunday that was probably the best carrot cake I have ever eaten in my life. I have never made carrot cake from scratch before. I will admit I do use a packaged mix. Who has the time?! However I was just itching to do something new, so I got out my ingredients and got to it. Here is the admittedly pretty easy carrot cake recipe:
Ingredients:

*2 cups flour
*2 cups sugar
*2 tsp baking soda
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1 tsp salt
*4 eggs
*1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil
*3 cups grated carrots

Instructions:

Alright I'm going to recommend starting with the carrots first.
I used a vegetable peeler to peel about 4 carrots(mine were on the smallish side.)
Then you can put the peeled pieces in the food processor or blender until they're chopped into little bits.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Get out two cake pans. I greased mine with a very thin layer of butter.
In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients - flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
Now add your eggs, vegetable oil and grated carrots and mix until it forms a nice thick batter.
Put your mix into the cake pans and then they can go straight into the oven for 30 mins.
I ended up leaving mine in for 40 minutes because my oven isn't as strong. Just make sure you check to see if they're done at 30 mins.
 A Good Trick:
This is a fabulous bakers tip that I use on everything! Stick a toothpick inside the middle of your baking. If it comes out clean, it's done. If it has traces of batter, it needs to go in for longer. But always be cautious and watch the oven like a hawk when you put something in for longer than the recommended time.

So it's been 30 minutes and it's time to take your cakes out of the oven! Hooray!
Wear your oven mitts and get those babies out of there. Now leave them on the top of the stove to cool.

This cake is so moist and insanely delicious, you really don't need an icing. Because I was taking it to a dinner party, I made one. Just my usual icing complemented this cake nicely. Don't try to ice your cake when it's hot or even slightly warm. the icing will melt and slide right off. Room temperature is best. Probably an hour or two after baking is safe.
Icing:
Here's my Icing Recipe again for a refresher. It's really good icing for this. For some reason it just meshes well. If you'd like a more detailed icing instruction, look for my Easter Cupcake recipe here.

*1 cup butter (soft)
*3 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
*1 tsp milk
*1 tsp vanilla
*1/8 tsp salt

Let me know if you try this out, because I thought it was so yummy!! 
Have a great day


Marissa xo
CharmingShop

No comments:

Post a Comment