April 15, 2013

Painted Storage Bin Side 2 - Pink and Gold!

Hello everyone, happy monday! If you can believe it, the weather is in blizzard mode here. Yes it's snowing like it's the middle of winter. But who are we kidding, this is Winnipeg. What kind of a spring were we expecting?

So from inside my nicely heated home, I'm bringing you the 2nd side of my painted storage bin!
Okay so I painted this side a nice bright pink by mixing white and red paint for my desired colour. That took about 3 coats. Then I penciled in a bunch of different sized circles and painted them in with gold paint. That took another 3 coats. When it was finished I thought it looked slightly one dimensional and not special enough. I cut out circled of this awesome corrugated gold paper I had laying around. I got it at the dollar store years ago when I was still in school. I glued it on and voila. Cool huh? 
 It looks kind of purple here, but the colour is actually the first picture exactly.

I love this side and I think it's really unusual. I don't know how much use I will get out of it though.
When you have a man living with you, it's safe to assume they don't want a whole lot of pink around. But if you can get away with it, you're lucky. Obviously he's a keeper.
I can see myself turing this around for girly parties or on any time I would use my china dinner set. I guess I've just now decided its for fancy occassions.

Alright, if you live in Winnipeg or any other place that it's snowing, stay warm! 

Have a great day everyone.


Marissa xo
CharmingShop

Click here to Visit CharmingShop, where I sell my art and jewellery!

No comments:

Post a Comment