August 29, 2013

My Summer of Vintage Collecting for CharmingShopVintage

Hello everyone! 
I hope you're having a great day today. The other day I said I was going to be letting you in on recent shop details. This summer has been hectic and I realize I haven't been blogging as much as I want to. I strive to be as transparent as possible, so you can get a good view of how I operate CharmingShop and my daily life. 
So here's the news: I've been working hard this summer, curating a collection of amazing vintage items to start up my new vintage shop section. Now I say section, because yes, it is an extension of CharmingShop. The only thing is it will be a completely different shop. Don't worry it's not up yet. You didn't miss a thing. I will provide links as soon as it goes public. My goal is to provide items that I know for a fact you will love. If you share my views on adorable vintage clothing and unique retro housewares, you are going to love everything I've been collecting. How do I know? Well pretty much everything I've found so far, I've wanted to keep for myself! I know I have to show some restraint, because my house is beginning to be an all-vintage-all-the-time antique store. I can't hoard everything! So I've put my own collecting on hold to bring you pieces that would mean something to me personally. Things I would keep for my own collection. It's a little bit of my own vintage collecting style, all in one place, just for you. What's best is I've made everything very affordable. I've been thrifting all my life. I know what prices are right for things, and I know what I would pay. So everything in CharmingShopVintage is priced according to what I would pay myself. I want to make vintage available and affordable. We have everything from small figurines to amazing designer purses to incredibly collectible kitchenware. Just you wait, guys. I can't wait for you to get your hands on some of this stuff! Here are some photos of a few things I've found recently. You're definitely going to see some of this in CharmingShopVintage. 


CharmingShopVintage should've launched already, but we've had some minor setbacks. Not to worry. We have a new goal date and we're on course to meet it. On September 4th I will be on the road, travelling to Minneapolis and then Wisconsin. (I wish we were going further to Chicago.) After a week of road-tripping, I'll be home and back at CharmingShop, preparing the heck out of the new Vintage section. 

I hope you're as excited as I am! Vintage is such a HUGE part of my life. I couldn't live without the attachment I feel towards history. All items have a story and an energy. I feel like it's my job to collect these things and be a part of their journey. And now I'm ready to help you all to find amazing items and be a part of their journey too. 

See you later, you lovely people. The sun is starting to set here already and I'm ready to enjoy the evening. Enjoy yours too!

Marissa
CharmingShop












1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are adding vintage to your shop:) I may snap up those canisters. I have just the tea one and really like it!

    ReplyDelete