May 21, 2013

My Favourite Things

Hello everyone! Today I want to talk about my current favs. I always have a bunch of things that I get obsessed with, and right now these are the things I've been keeping in heavy rotation. I hope you enjoy them! 

TURQUOISE
Okay...this obsession is not going to go away. I just recently painted my kitchen a lovely, rich shade of turquoise so I feel my collecting is on the verge of spiralling out of control! I mostly collect kitchen things in this beautiful aqua shade, but I've noticed it trickling into other areas of my home. 

GOLD JEWELLERY
If you know me, you know gold is not my cup of tea. Maybe in clothing or home decor, but when it comes to jewellery, I stay clear. Even my entire jewellery line at CharmingShop is in silver! These are the only gold necklaces I own, and I've been incorporating them into my looks lately. Especially that geometric one on the left and the gorgeous wrapped stone on the top right. I've been wearing them together paired with my CharmingShop jewellery for a warm, flowing boho look. Maybe it has to do with the warmer weather, but I'm really wrapped up in gold!

 ENRICHING HAIR OILS
I am crazy for hair serums. They really work for my thick, unruly, frizzy hair. It's so hard to tame my hair, and the shine and nourishment these give my hair is just incredible. At first I was so afraid to use them, because I really thought they would just make my hair greasy, but I'm a believer now. I couldn't live without my hair oils. My Pantene serum is almost all gone, so I bought this Organix Coconut Milk serum. It's a little heavier than I'm used to, but the way it makes my hair look is amazing. I always feel like an Old Hollywood movie star with great hair, and I think that's awesome.

VINTAGE FASHION
I'm not really one to wear vintage clothing. I will do accessories and vintage inspired clothes. I never really got into wearing fashion from the past. I admire the lovely fabric and textures and patterns. I love the colour palettes in vintage clothes so much more than modern clothing. Maybe that's why I've chosen to do a collection of artwork directly inspired by vintage clothing and accessories. I have been obsessing over cute details and retro shapes and silhouettes. I'm living and breathing a retro fashion dream all through my artwork, and the research that goes into making it as special as possible. My mindset is vintage.

BAIT FOOTWEAR

Remember how I said I got a package in the mail a little while back? Well it was two amazing pairs of shoes from Bait Footwear. I ordered these two for birthday presents to myself, and I am so happy I did! It was outrageously hard to pick which ones I wanted because there were so many I loved, but somehow I got it down to these two. I picked the Noel shoe in Luggage and the Dennise wedge in Blue. They are the smallest size - size 6. I have to admit, I have such a hard time finding shoes. My feet are so tiny, and it seems like no one ever has my size. I was sort of traumatized a while back. When I was graduating, I was on the hunt for gold heels in my size to match my cream and gold vintage inspired dress. Well I couldn't find a pair anywhere! And one day while I was shopping a salesperson just told me to give up because my feet were way too small. How mean! Every now and then I'll find the right size. But I just had a good feeling about Bait Shoes because they cater to vintage-lovers, so I was pretty sure they would be small enough. Ladies of the past had smaller feet, so I just went with this logic and hoped for the best! These two fit like a glove. They're perfect and fun, and I can say I will definitely be ordering more. 

What are your favourite things right now?



Marissa xo
CharmingShop

No comments:

Post a Comment