April 14, 2014

Retro Inspiration

The very first episode of Mad Men Season 7 aired last night. Did you watch it?! I was at work and missed it, but caught up when I got home! I'm definitely excited to see what happens in this last season. And of course I'm ready for all the fashion and style that comes along with it. I'm not going to lie, I recently marathoned the other six seasons to recap and be ready for this one. Nothing has inspired me more lately than the 60s and 70s.

While I work on my art I like to have movies or tv shows playing in the background. (I'm a crazy multitasker.) Mad Men has been an excellent companion to my art-making, because I've used it as inspiration for developing a lot of the vintage-inspired patterns and designs found in my work.
I'm sensing you'll see some nods to late 1960s/early 1970s patterns in my newer, yet to be finished pieces. In terms of Mad Men itself, I can't wait to see where all the story lines end up. It's been quite the adventure and I've been loving every second of it. 

Here are some fabulous retro dresses and tops from a variety of Etsy Vintage Shops.
( Two of them are mine from CharmingShopVintage. Sorry for the self-advertising, but they fit in here so well!)
Click on the links to view: one//two//three//four//five//six

I hope you like them!




Marissa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment