March 03, 2014

Out with the Old, In with the New: A New Look for CharmingShop

(Tropical - Mixed Media Collage)
Wow, it's actually been a whole year since I opened my first Etsy shop, CharmingShop.
If you haven't been there in a while, or you haven't been there ever, I thought it might be time again to say hello from the metaphorical shop counter and tell you a little bit about my shop right now, and what I have in store for it in the coming months.

If you've been with me from the beginning, I had originally began with jewellery and started to slowly add in my artwork after I saw the potential of the two blending in nicely together. My overall theme and wish for CharmingShop was over-the-top cuteness and vintage tie-ins all around!
I like sweet things and romantic florals, repetitions and patterns and most of all, colour. Okay Okay, I have a lot of faves and interests. And to say the least, I imagined I could combine all these elements into one pretty adorable and cohesive online shop.
(The Fawn - Mixed Media Collage)
These days I've decided less is more. 2014 will be the year of a more minimal and streamlined approach. So if you've stopped by recently, you may have noticed a new shop look. My banner has changed. My jewellery listings dwindling and slowly exiting the shop. In fact, now they're completely absent. As much as I love seeing my vintage-inspired necklaces, bracelets and earrings among my artwork in the shop, I know that I have a greater focus to get a handle on now. I'm strictly focusing on art and paper goods.

The reason?
Well my original love is with my art. Exploring that world is so important to me. So from now on I will have more time to create and continue to develop my skill. I love making jewellery, but it's more of a hobby to me. Time is so precious and there's not enough of it. Am I right? Now I'm going through my life and picking out what is essential for me and what's not. I feel like only working on art will add new strength to my shop. Unifying it with one look. I'm excited for the future of my work. Thinking about the art I will create is making me so antsy to start new projects! In fact I already have quite a few lined up to be added any day now! 
(The new shop look!)
Thanks for sticking by me. I can't wait to show you what I can do!



Marissa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment