April 06, 2013

Weekend Life

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a great weekend. I sure am. It's been busy of course, but every second is worth it. What have I been up to? Well I'll tell you! Remember a while ago I mentioned I was on the hunt for a china cabinet? Yesterday we spent the day at antique stores, checking out the local furniture selection. I saw tonnes of gorgeous things that I wanted to bring home. Mid century lamps, an adorable wicker laundry hamper, some gorgeous chrome diner-style tables (which I obviously do not need because I have that...My kitchen counter and our nook table are both done in that style!) It's funny how you are still obsessed with things even if you already have some at home. Basically as usual, we wanted to take lots of stuff home, but we were awesome and didn't get anything. I'm proud of that accomplishment. 

In terms of china cabinets, I saw a few nice ones, but not in the style or era I'm interested in. I'm looking for clean modern lines, preferably Teak or Walnut. Something Mid Century Modern to fit in with the house. And we also don't have a whole lot of room to play around with, so we are thinking more of a hutch style. I know that narrows it down, but what can you do. I'm picky! In fact, I might be ending up with my grandmas cabinet after all. One more antiquing day next weekend, and I will decide what we're going to do. 

Here's a picture of us at Easter (Excuse our silly expressions! We're goofs.) And there it is. Our possible future china cabinet is behind us. I know you barely get to see anything... but I wouldn't show you the whole cabinet until its nestled into our own living room! Just a little peek.

Okay, no more thrifting talk for now! Let's get on with our daily sketches! I missed yesterday, so you get two today.


 What do you think of these pretty ladies? Now I know I said I wasn't going to sell any of my daily sketch work, but these are the exception. These are actually a part of a collection I'm doing. They will be available as prints in my shop eventually. There will be a whole bunch of them. I'm very excited about how adorable they all are and each theme I'm doing is ridiculously cute. But you'll have to wait a few months for these ones. Sorry!

*******

1. I'm crazy about lace.
2. I adore Audrey Hepburn. Watching her movies has always been an enjoyment of mine since I was very young.
3. When I was little, I was in a skipping club at school.




Marissa xo
CharmingShopLove

No comments:

Post a Comment